Tuesday 19 November 2013

What are the three qualities of true friends?





We all have friends. Some that are simply just those friends you say hi to in the hallways. We also have those friends you use to be so close with, but then they either moved away or you lost contact with so now you barely talk to one another. There are also those kind of friends you always invite over for sleepovers, and you go out with all the time, and you tell all your secrets and things too. But not all of those friends are your actual friends, some may secretly hate you, spread rumors about you, and/ or share your secrets.
Personally I do not trust anyone. Why you might ask? Well you can never tell when someone is a true friend, or if they’re just pretending to be. In my opinion true friends must have these qualities: Honesty, Loyalty, and Trust. So far not many people have showed those qualities. Of course I have a few friends who do, but I won’t name them. Honestly I tell my friends some things, but I know that whatever I may tell them might be spread. Of course I trust them enough not to, but I am not dumb enough either to believe that one of my friends wont ever share a secret of mine. I have trouble trusting people. That is why I think that honesty, loyalty, and trustworthiness are the most valuable things in a friendship. I value each and every one of my friendships. But personally I don’t know if they value my friendship like I value theirs. Hopefully they do, but you never know. Some people are quite two-faced and will pretend to be your absolute best friend, but talk s… about you behind your back. I hate those kinds of people. That is why I try to be completely honest with each and every one of my friends. If I think something they’re doing is morally wrong I’ll tell them my opinion, but its their choice to do anything about it.
You might think I’m that depressing kid or teen or whatever that can’t trust anyone and blah blah. But who cares, if you can’t handle the truth that some friends are not completely true friends, then you need a reality check. If that sounds rude to you, stop reading my blog. There are people who you think are loyal to you and you have complete and utter trust in, but then you find out that they simply are not who you thought they were. And that’s reality people. I’m not being pessimistic about friends, I’m just sharing my own personal experience

Honesty is super important to me, I can’t handle people who lie. Honesty is the most important quality in a friend to me. I have absolutely no respect for people who lie to me. Even if they lie about the smallest thing, I will lose seriously all respect for you. No matter who you are, lie to me and I stop trusting you and stop respecting you. Loyalty is the second most important thing to me in a friendship. Loyalty is important to me because who wants a friend that is just going to be your best friend one day then the next day ditch you and your friends for some new people. If someone is not loyal to me that would mean that they completely ignore me and their actual friends who they usually hang out with daily and who have been there since the start, for some new friends and basically never speak to you again. Someone who is not a loyal friend is someone who stops hanging out with you, stops communicating with you, and basically cuts you off from their life for who knows what reason? A friend that is not loyal is one of those people who said they would be there for you until the end, the person that starts talking s… about you behind your back. A person who you use to think was your absolute best friend but just treats you like your nothing anymore. That you never were friends before. A not loyal friend is someone who leaves you, talks about you behind your back, lies to you, hopes you fail, and just is someone you thought they would never become. And Trust, trust is the third most important thing in a friendship. Without trust, how can a friendship even strive? A friend is someone who helps you get through life and if there even when you’re at your lowest. You must trust each other in order to be true friends. Yet you must always be careful who you trust because not everyone is a true friend. There are always those people who just wanna see you crash and burn. Remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment