Thursday 12 December 2013

Art

Art



What I believe about Art? Well art can be in many shapes and forms. Art can be a form of dance, to a book, to a sculpture, and so much more. Art can be a physical type of art, emotional, spiritual, ect. Even some religions are known as art, like Buddhism when you meditate. “The Art of Meditation.” Well usually when I think of art I think of painting, drawing, or sculpting, some type of picture or piece made by hand. I think of this type of art probably because I draw and paint. Whenever I feel bored or have nothing to do, which recently has been basically never I’m so busy all the time, I usually just paint or draw. Personally I like painting better because it gives you more freedom in your brush strokes and it’s a lot less precise. Whereas drawing is basically sketches of people and objects, very detailed things. Which I love to do when it’s just black and white sketching, but I like color so I prefer painting. Of course you can draw with colored pencils, but it doesn’t always give you the vibrant color you want. Because Christmas is coming up soon, my mom asked me what I might want, and so me being me, I asked for paint. I have some brushes and I have paper and things, but I don’t have a wide variety of colors. Which I would really like. So hopefully my mom gets me paints and things for my art activities that I could do over the break when I have time.

Art is not really defined as one things because it describes so many different aspect of a variety of things in the world. Art is one of those hobbies that if you’re extremely good at you could make a large profit. But most artist, or just people who like doing art in their free time like me, don’t do it for money; don’t sell their paintings. But instead we keep them. Art to me is an expression of emotions. Like how a journal or diary is used, and well I have one of those, but I am not very great with words so I like to express emotions mostly in art instead. An art piece can have so many different meanings. It could be sad, happy, death, joy, love, ect. But the important thing is that every person that looks at that piece of art can interpret it in a different way, which I think is beautiful. That in art there is no right or wrong answer. Sometimes there’s not even an answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment